One of spring’s biggest fashion trends is the off-the-shoulder style. From tops to dresses to jumpsuits, you’re sure to see a ton of shoulder-baring options out there. Honestly, I’ve never been a huge fan of this trend. To me, it can very easily look too ’80s, or too tacky, or too boho hippe-dippie. That’s not to say there’s anything wrong with it – that’s just my opinion! But after looking through a whole bunch of off-the-shoulder outfit ideas, I think I might have changed my mind.
With tons of different kinds of tops out there, there are so many ways to incorporate this trend into your wardrobe. As it turns out, off-the-shoulder shirts are actually quite versatile – depending on the accessories, they can be dressed up or be made to look super casual. They expose a little skin without being too in-your-face sexy (there’s nothing wrong with super sexy vibes, but not everyone is into it!), and they work for everyone, no matter what your individual style is. It’s safe to say I’ve been converted, and that I’ll be purchasing my own off-the-shoulder top at some point within the next few weeks.
Want to get in on this trend like I did? Here are 20 style tips on how to wear off-the-shoulder shirts this spring that will inspire you to go shopping:
1. Off-the-shoulder tops seem super casual, but if you go for a button-down version with skinny jeans and heels, they can actually look pretty professional.
2. Or maybe you want to be really casual! Look how effortlessly cute this over-the-shoulder top looks with boyfriend jeans and sandals.
3. Is it just me, or were off-the-shoulder tops basically made for A-line skirts? This combo looks slightly vintage and so cute.
4. An off-the-shoulder top is a definite Look, but that doesn’t mean you have to pair it with something simple. A plain off-the-shoulder shirt makes bold pants look that much cooler.
5. There are lots of versions out there that include thin strips. This can look weird sometimes, but paired with skinny jeans, sandals, and a long necklace, it looks pretty cute.
6. You can also go full-on Coachella with an off-the-shoulder crop top, printed shorts, a choker, a floppy hat, and some combat boots.
7. If it’s not that warm out, or you just don’t feel comfortable showing off your shoulders, layer the top over a button-down. It looks very unexpected and so cool.
8. For ridiculously easy summer style, wear a colorful off-the-shoulder top with denim shorts and a cute necklace.
9. And for ridiculously easy spring style? An off-the-shoulder top with high waist jeans and ankle boots.
10. A loose off-the-shoulder top looks perfect with flared jeans.
11. You can also show off only one shoulder by making a regular tee into an off-the-shoulder shirt. Tie it at one side, and let the opposite side fall down your arm. Look how creative you are!
12. A great spring outfit for almost any occasion is an off-the-shoulder shirt tucked into a maxi skirt. It’s easy, comfy, and chic.
13. Feeling particularly summery? Grab a lacy or see-through off-the-shoulder top and use it as a bathing suit coverup.
14. For a throwback vibe, wear a cropped off-the-shoulder shirt with high-waist flared jeans.
15. Or just keep things super simple and wear an off-the-shoulder top with white jeans and heels.
16. A shirt that shows off your shoulders is perfect for showing off your prettiest bralette.
17. Go for a ’90s throwback outfit with an off-the-shoulder top, denim mini skirt, and slip-on sneakers. So cute, so casual.
18. On chillier days, wear your off-the-shoulder shirt with jeans and knee high boots.
19. A shirt that leaves your top half bare is perfect for piling on layers of necklaces.
20. Spring can still be a little cold! On those days, keep your clavicle and shoulders warm with a cozy scarf.
Read More: Gurl
NOTE: PLEASE Use the Older Post and Newer Post buttons just below comment box to navigate between posts.